Let’s face it. By the age of 14, most young people know what they want. Explorer Scouts, therefore, have a big say in what they do, while being supported by adult volunteers. Explorer Scouts, who are aged between 14 and 18:
- get to try activities such as power boating, sailing, snow and motor sports
- deliver campsite services – running activities or helping with site maintenance
- fundraise and help in the community
- go on camping expeditions in the UK and abroad
- go for The Queen’s Scout Award, Duke of Edinburgh Bronze, Silver and Gold and the Explorer Belt (a 10 day challenge abroad) – all recognised by universities and employers
- train as Young Leaders – working with an experienced adult, they learn how to run activities for young people aged 6 – 14.