At District level we put events through the year to support Leaders and units. These include:
- DESC – Which Stands for District Explorer Scout Camp. Our Annual camp for Ormskirk & District Explorers, normally in March.
- The Gathering – The annual full district (all sections) camp which usually takes place on the fourth weekend in September.
- Walking Days, usually once a month we head to the hills. There are walks for all abilities and fitness levels, so dont be afraid to join in.
Ormskirk & District Explorers belongs to West Lancs Scouts which is the County level of the organisation. West Lancs Scouts run on a wide array of events through the year, from walking weekends to international experiences for Explorer Scouts. These events are open to everyone in the County. Some County events include;
- County Camp – a must for most Explorers is County Explorer Scout Camp which usually takes place on the fourth weekend in June at Great Town Scout Activity Centre in the Lake District. The weekend is a mix of amazing activities and opportunities to meet new people.
- The excellent Ardennes Adventure (a 10 day trip to Belgium for Explorers) and County Explorer Scout Camp (with around 500 people!) are not to be missed!
For more information on County Explorer events visit www.westlancsscouts.org.uk/explorers/events.
Some events are run at a National level for anyone in the UK. The best place to check these out is the national Scout website at; www.scouts.org.uk/events.
You can also find out about events that are ran around the globe on the World Organization of the Scout Movement (WOSM) website www.scout.org/events. These may include;
- World Scout Jamborees
- World Scout Moots
- Or events ran by other Scouting countries they are open to Scouts from around the world.