Walking can be enjoyed by all sections in Scouting, and pitched correctly, can give a fantastic experience and opportunity for youngsters.
Sample Activity for Beavers
- Purpose – Find an ancient windmill & nature walk
- Location – Harrock Hill from Cedar Farm
- Route –
- Permit required? No.
- Time – 2-3 hours.
- Areas to cover – basic navigation skills, road safety, footpaths and bridleways, different environments (farmed fields/wild areas/abandoned buldings)
Sample Activity for Cubs
- Purpose – Forest of Bowland, the Dun Cow of Longridge, and sense of place in West Lancashire.
- Location – Parlick – Trough of Bowland & gliding centre
- Permit required? Not if stick to summit and descend.
- Time – 2-3 hours
- Areas to cover – navigation skills, country code, navigating by landmarks.